Breaking Down The Trouble With Termite Damage In San Diego
August 03, 2022
Termites are one of the most destructive pests that make their way into your home, causing billions of dollars in damages across the United States every year. If they take over your home, it is time to learn how common termites are, what to do if you find signs of termite damage and the three things you can do to avoid future infestations.
For expert termite treatments and prevention, Habitat Protection Inc. provides pest control in San Diego you can rely on to exterminate these destructive invaders for good.
How Common Are Termites In San Diego?
The bad news is that the state of California, and San Diego in particular, are some of the worst areas in the country for termites, with over half the properties showing signs of infestations, according to recent surveys. While they tend to be more abundant in the spring after rainfalls, there is no termite season in San Diego, where they are active year-round.
Homeowner's Guide To Identifying Termite Damage
Because your San Diego home is likely to be infested with termites at some point, it is vital to be on the lookout for the following signs of termite damage:
- Bubbling paints is often a sign of termite activity.
- Because termites attack the wooden structure of your home, buckling wood and creaky floorboards are common, and walls might start to sound hollow.
- Termite damage can look like water damage, including swollen floors and ceilings.
- You might see maze-looking damage on furniture and walls.
- Previously functioning doors and windows are becoming stuck and more challenging to open.
Looking for signs of termites in your home is crucial to catching an infestation early. If you suspect that termites have taken over your home, a professional inspection can help tackle the issue before it is too late.
What To Do When You Find Termite Damage
Active termites can be difficult to eliminate. Here are the most important steps to take when you find termite damage:
- Contact a professional pest control company. Eliminating termites on your own is essentially impossible, as they rarely go away on their own, and many of the treatments can be ineffective if not applied properly. For the most effective termite control in the San Diego area, Habitat Protection Inc. can help.
- Once you determine your home is free of termites, consider fixing the damage they have caused as soon as possible to keep your home structurally sound.
- Be sure to eliminate factors that might have attracted termites to your homes, such as cracks in the structure of your home, water damage, and untreated wood.
If you suffer from a termite problem, it is essential to take care of it before it has time to progress too far and take the appropriate steps to prevent future infestations.
Three Things You Can Do To Avoid Future Termite Infestations
Here are three things you can do to avoid future termite infestations:
- Fix all cracks in your foundation and home structure that termites might use to get inside your house.
- Fix leaks and water damage, as termites are attracted to moisture. Consider using dehumidifiers to keep your home dry.
- Keep your yard clean and tidy, especially the roof, gutters, and pipes, as they can attract termites.
Standard precautions are not always practical. The best way to get rid of termites in your home and prevent them from returning is to have experts come back every year to inspect your property for signs of an infestation.
Based on the inspection, Habitat Protection Inc. will develop a treatment plan to keep termites out of your home for good. Contact us today for anything from containing a current infestation to preventing it from coming back.
What Our Customers Are Saying
"My overall experience with your company was very good. They were on time and professional. They did good work and answered all questions we had. From the first point of contact with your company, we have had a good experience. Great customer service. We will use them in the future and highly recommend them!"
Contact Habitat Protection Today!(760) 991-3403
Reach out today to learn more pest control services in San Diego, CA.