Gophers In San Diego Yards
August 10, 2022
Few things are more disheartening than seeing gophers destroying your diligent yard work. These invasive rodents are experts at chewing through your plants and can be challenging to get rid of once they have established themselves.
If gophers have taken over your yard, now is the time to learn the tell-tale signs of gophers and what attracts them and find out how to deter and get rid of them before they can irremediably destroy your yard. If you are struggling with these persistent rodents, Habitat Protection Inc. provides pest control in San Diego you can rely on to keep your yard free of gophers safely and for good.
The Signs Of Gophers In San Diego
Small and furry and exceedingly adept at digging, gophers can quickly form tunnels underground through which they can travel, store food, and build nests. If you see the following signs, you might have a gopher infestation in your yard:
- Gophers dig tunnels by pushing out dirt into a fan pattern instead of moles’ neat mounds.
- Gophers dig many tunnels in groups close to each other, forming a tight maze.
- Gophers are diurnal, so you will likely see them in the daytime.
- The gopher plugs their tunnel at the top.
If you see these signs of gopher activity in your yard, it might be time to reach out to the professionals and ask about gopher control options.
What Attracts Gophers To Your Yard?
There are many reasons why you might attract gophers to your yard. For instance:
- Food: Gophers are attracted to roots, tubers, lawns, seeded acorns, and other vegetation.
- Sandy Soil: Sandy soil is easier for gophers to dig through.
- Shelter: Gophers will dig tunnels in safe places away from predators. Trees, bushes, fences, and other structures provide good hiding spots for gophers under which they will build tunnels.
Like many other animals, gophers seek out food and shelter. Because it is essentially impossible to get rid of everything they are attracted to, a suitable treatment plan is often necessary in addition to home remedies for gopher control.
Can Gophers Cause Irreparable Damage To Your Lawn?
Unfortunately, even though all gophers want is to find shelter and store food, they will destroy your lawn and plants. If you find mazes of tunnels, plugged holes, and fanned-out dirt, you are likely dealing with these invasive rodents. Their work can cause caving in certain areas of your yard, and they can damage irrigation systems in addition to plants. If you have spotted a gopher, now is to learn the best way to keep them away.
What Is The Best Way To Keep Gophers Away?
The best gopher control methods use a mix of home remedies and professional pest control treatments, and this might include:
- Traps: The professionals are the best at safely trapping gophers.
- Fencing: Fencing can help keep gophers away from your property.
- Repellents: Repellents can be chemical as well as organic or even ultrasonic. For the best methods for your situation, our trained technicians can help.
- Deterrents: Natural or chemical, we can help you find the perfect solution based on your needs.
Gophers in San Diego can be difficult to get rid of, but uncontrolled, they will be quick to destroy your yard. Contact Habitat Protection Inc. today to schedule an inspection and develop a treatment plan, including natural gopher control and pet-friendly gopher control options.
Don’t let gophers take away your yard and destroy your hard work. Our licensed technicians provide gopher control in San Diego to help you get rid of them safely and effectively and prevent them from returning.
What Our Customers Are Saying
"My overall experience with your company was very good. They were on time and professional. They did good work and answered all questions we had. From the first point of contact with your company, we have had a good experience. Great customer service. We will use them in the future and highly recommend them!"
Contact Habitat Protection Today!(760) 991-3403
Reach out today to learn more pest control services in San Diego, CA.