Help! There Are Pigeons Living On My San Diego Roof!
August 24, 2022
Pigeons are a common sight almost everywhere, as they can make their home on farms in the country and on skyscrapers in big cities with ease. Raised as pets by some, pigeons are not as harmless as they seem. They cause millions of dollars in damage every year due to their corrosive urine; they can also transmit diseases to humans. Are pigeons running amok on your property?
If so, now is the time to learn to recognize what their nests look like, discover the diseases they are likely to carry and find out how to get rid of them for good through roof bird control, home remedies, and more. If they have taken over, Habitat Protection Inc. provides pest control in San Diego you can rely on to get rid of pigeons for good.
How Can I Tell If The Nest On My Roof Is A Pigeon Nest?
If you suspect that pigeons have settled on your roof, the following characteristics of pigeons’ nests can help you identify them:
- Pigeons often build nests along ledges and beams.
- Their nests are built out of stems, twigs, straw, leaves, and other thin natural materials and formed into a saucer-like shape.
- You can find them year-round.
- Their eggs are small and white.
- Nests rarely contain more than three eggs.
If you are unsure about the kind of nest on your property, a local pest control company can help you identify it and recommend bird control options for your home to prevent an infestation.
Do Pigeons Carry Diseases That Are Harmful To My Family?
Pigeons can seem harmless at first, and in general, they are not likely to carry harmful diseases. They carry the three following illnesses which can cause conditions in humans:
- Histoplasmosis can cause liver disease, bone marrow failure, and more.
- Cryptococcosis causes lung disease and meningoencephalitis.
- Psittacosis can cause lung infections and pneumonia.
Pigeon droppings transmit these diseases. Avoid breathing in the dust while cleaning them, and stay away from sick-looking pigeons. Habitat Protection Inc. can help with safe pest control bird removal should you find a diseased bird on your property.
Home Remedies To Get Rid Of The Pigeons In San Diego
The following home remedies can help get rid of your pigeon problem on your San Diego property:
- Keep your trash cans clean and closed at all times.
- Experiment with wind chimes, aluminum pans, and anything that reflects light can deter pigeons and birds.
- Reach out to trained technicians who have the experience to get rid of your pigeon problem.
When DIY bird control methods are not enough, it is time to contact a professional pest control company.
How Can I Get Rid Of The Pigeons Running Amok On My Property?
If pigeons have already invaded your property and are running amok, the following tips can help you get rid of them:
- Use netting, wire coil, and stainless-steel wires to prevent pigeons from perching.
- Similarly, installing spikes on ledges will prevent them from landing and settling.
- Fake owls, fake snakes, and other predator imitations can scare off pigeons.
- Traps and repellents can help control the infestation. Reach out to trained technicians for effective bird control for pigeons on your property. Treatments can be ineffective and even unsafe if misused.
Getting rid of pigeons is most effective when combined with home remedies and professional treatments. If you struggle with an infestation, residential bird control can make the difference.
Pigeons are a common bird that can build nests and lay eggs in precarious places. Because their urine is corrosive and their droppings can carry dangerous diseases, it is best to prevent them from establishing themselves on your property. Contact Habitat Protection Inc. today for the most effective pigeon and bird pest control in San Diego.
What Our Customers Are Saying
"My overall experience with your company was very good. They were on time and professional. They did good work and answered all questions we had. From the first point of contact with your company, we have had a good experience. Great customer service. We will use them in the future and highly recommend them!"
Contact Habitat Protection Today!(760) 991-3403
Reach out today to learn more pest control services in San Diego, CA.